Within NTT DATA's International Organisations Public Sector division, NTT DATA has been working in multiple Directorate-Generals of the Commission, including those overseeing policy initiatives rooted in the digital labour market and the education and training sector. Throughout the years, NTT DATA has supported the Commission in several flagship initiatives orbiting around these areas and we are expecting to further increase our involvement in the years to come.
We are looking for a Knowledge Engineer to join our team in Brussels in the Public sector, with the following characteristics:
You will be part of a multicultural and interdisciplinary team working for European and international organisations. You will be mainly involved in (IT) strategic projects orbiting around EU skills, qualifications and labour market policy initiatives, but with the possibility to cooperate and grow in other related assignments.
You will be asked to:
- participate in the development, updating, publication and implementation of the European classification of occupations and skills;
- extract knowledge on the labour market from information sources such as studies, research papers, and reports, and structure this knowledge to define or update concepts and terms to ensure quality and consistency;
- carry out validation of content by reviewing it according to quality, usability and applicable standards and guidelines;
- draft-up of reports summarising and discussing the main findings, and proposing recommendations;
- advise stakeholders on the use of the classification, respond to citizens/clients queries and managing discussions in an online forum;
- study stakeholders' needs and expectations for semantic assets and feed the information into the development or improvement process of the classification;
- support the design and implementation of ICT systems that are used to manage the classification;
- collaborate with AI and software engineers to leverage on the usage of labour market ontologises to improve the functioning of the labour market and to enhance the maintenance and update of the classification;
- interact with the client(s) on a daily basis.
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken; knowledge of additional EU languages is an asset;
- Very good communication skills (both in speaking and in writing);
- Very good drafting skills in English;
- Able to research, collate, analyse and summarise information;
- Excellent command of Microsoft tools (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Knowledge of EuropKnowledge of and hands-on experience with semantic assets, such as ontologies, controlled vocabularies, taxonomies, thesauri, classifications, knowledge graphs;
- Technical knowledge and experience with knowledge organisation standards such as RDF, SKOS, etc. is an asset.
- Rapid self-starting capability and experience in team working in an international/ multicultural environment.
- Knowledge of employment and education policy at EU level is a must;
- University degree in social sciences, economics and management, mathematics, IT or engineering, or related areas;
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of overall work experience at European and/or international level after having concluded your studies;
- Relevant work experience in employment and education policy at EU level is an asset;
- Experience in IT business analysis/consultancy/development projects is an asset.
We encourage you to write a one-page cover letter and submit it together with your CV (preferably with Europass format and with a maximum of five pages). The cover letter should summarise your experience, how your competencies match the requirements, and briefly explain your motivation for this job.
All applications exceeding these limits will be discarded.
Fill in the form
Data controller: NTT DATA Belgique SPRL
Purpose: To manage your possible participation in the current personnel selection processes within NTT DATA Spain and affiliates. To manage your possible participation in future selection processes and to send communications about NTT DATA Spain. and affiliates activities and recruitment events.
Legitimation:Consent of the interested party.
Recipients: Companies belonging to the NTT DATA Spain and affiliates, some located outside of the European Economic Area. Data Processors, some located outside of the European Economic Area.
Right: To access, modify and delete data, as well as other rights, as explained in the additional information.
Origin: In some cases, candidates' data could come from third parties such as employment portals, professional social networks, temporary employment agencies, recruitment consultants or head hunters, as well as teaching centres or universities.
Additional information: You can view additional detailed Data Protection information by clicking the following + info