NTT DATA is looking for a Business Legal Officer to integrate our NTT DATA Contract Management Unit.
The NTT DATA Business Legal Officer will be requested to provide day to day legal advice and support for different Business units active within various NTT DATA offices (Belgium, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, France, Switzerland…).
The candidate must be able to convey complex legal assessments in a hands-on manner to the business teams; being comfortable in balancing business stakes vs. legal risks in a pragmatic way.
The Business Legal Officer will be requested to offer support as part of the Contract Management Unit as follows:
- Public procurement:
- review tender documentation
- provide complete legal analysis; highlighting risks and obligations
- formulate solutions and proposing risk mitigation actions
- Drafting and reviews:
- draft and/or review all types of legal documents, agreements,...
- secure proper approval on non-standard legal and business focus-points raised in documents
- review, analyze and maintain standard legal documents and contracts
- assist in the implementation of internal legal documentation and templates
- coordinate actions from different internal departments (DPO, IPO,...)
- Interpreting and translating legal documentation in view of a practical application - general business legal:
- answer questions during contract negotiations
- participate in negotiation meetings
- provide advice and contract interpretation on the provisions of specific agreements as well as legal issues
- draft formal communications
- Answering complex questions from internal teams and conducting analysis on various topics (public procurement, commercial law, contract law…):
- drafting clear and developed explanatory notes
- identifying legal risks
- formulating solutions
- Collaborating with external legal advisors and business partners
What we are looking for:
- Master’s degree in Law acquired within BENELUX region with good knowledge of commercial Law.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in a legal department, procurement or legal consultancy; ideally in similar role(s) or combining both legal tasks and intensive interaction with internal stakeholders
- Experience in International/European environment, including expertise in European law and Public Procurement.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Good command of Office tools (especially Word and Excel).
Nice to have:
- Interest in Comparative Law.
- Expertise in IP/ICT.
- French and/or Dutch language skills.
- persistent, stress resilient, methodical, assertive and have high attention to detail;
- an analyst by nature and you have strong organizational skills;
- motivated, flexible and open-minded;
- a reliable and responsible person, who is able to balance tight deadlines and multiple interests;
- a team player with a positive attitude.
Why NTT DATA?
- Career development: you’ll have access to an endless possibility of trainings, yearly performance reviews and a mentorship program.
- We believe in work-life balance and flexibility. You’ll be in a company where you can wear casual clothing, decide your working hours, and telework some days a week.
- Multicultural environment.
Fill in the form
Data controller: NTT DATA Belgique SPRL
Purpose: To manage your possible participation in the current personnel selection processes within NTT DATA Spain and affiliates. To manage your possible participation in future selection processes and to send communications about NTT DATA Spain. and affiliates activities and recruitment events.
Legitimation:Consent of the interested party.
Recipients: Companies belonging to the NTT DATA Spain and affiliates, some located outside of the European Economic Area. Data Processors, some located outside of the European Economic Area.
Right: To access, modify and delete data, as well as other rights, as explained in the additional information.
Origin: In some cases, candidates' data could come from third parties such as employment portals, professional social networks, temporary employment agencies, recruitment consultants or head hunters, as well as teaching centres or universities.
Additional information: You can view additional detailed Data Protection information by clicking the following + info